« Home | Trust me on this one » | You say that like it's a bad thing » | Looks more like Marlene Dietrich to me » | Never, never, land » | Sometimes I forget things » | The internet is awesome » | The forgotten Band Aids » | The Boy-Who-Cried-Wolf effect » | Meme! Meeeeeeeeme! » | Brain go "poot" » 

Thursday, November 18, 2004 

Odd

Why is it that the Walkmen's "The Rat" is my second-favorite single of the year, and yet I have no particular desire to hear Bows & Arrows? I wouldn't deliberately avoid the album, and it's entirely possible I'd enjoy it thoroughly, but something about "The Rat"'s greatness seems self-contained. Bows & Arrows wouldn't take away from it, it just seems kind of... superfluous.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates