« Home | I love winter » | Suckage » | And the bells were ringin' out » | The Floating World: 2004 (Part 3) » | The Floating World: 2004 (Part 2) » | Ahhh » | Oh my lord » | Fucking teenagers » | The slow dawning of comprehension » | Recursive » 

Monday, December 27, 2004 

I still love winter

On the way back to Guelph it was actually snowing and the wind was up. Instead of silver calm, the trees in the distance appeared to be lightly dusted with snow. There was just enough of the stuff blowing around in the air to turn the sky grey and give you a sense of it, but visibility was fine. It was kind of like being trapped in a non-glittery snowglobe. A starker and less obvious kind of beauty, but I still stared out of the van window for a solid three hours.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates