« Home | Recursive » | Away from keyboard (sort of) » | Should be interesting, at the very least » | Like dominos » | Ain't a damn thing changed » | Rolling back wages and passing the savings on to y... » | Get a life » | Doubtful » | I am Canadian. And freezing. » | I've got my twelve-sided die » 

Wednesday, December 22, 2004 

The slow dawning of comprehension

So I'm watching a little mini-profile on OutKast tonight, and near the end they're talking to Andre 3000, and asking him about his new uberfame. And he talks about how he kows from now on he can't really go anywhere without people always looking at him in a certain way, in a way that makes him less and more than he really is; that he's going to be objectified, in other words. And then he stops, visibly working the thought through and says it in a tone of mild bemusement, "I guess that's what it's like for girls".

I don't know whether that is genius or stupidity, but I think it's worth noting.

Oh, and the video for "Roses" is fucking awesome, complete with Kevin McDonald from The Kids In The Hall losing it and taking some guy down.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates