« Home | Hmm » | 30 freakin' pages » | My theme for the night (at work) » | Also » | Take me for a ride » | Crap » | I'm not sure if I believe this » | It's just old naked people » | Half a decade already » | I've been playing lots of Tetris, too » 

Thursday, January 13, 2005 

I want to see Glasgow again

The list of the top 50 Scottish bands is flawed, of course (like all lists), but at least it lets me appreciate how many great ones there are:

1 Belle & Sebastian
3 Idlewild
7 Teenage Fanclub
9 Primal Scream
19 Jesus and Mary Chain
20 Mogwai
26 Beta Band
33 Delgados
34 Arab Strap
41 Boards of Canada

And that's leaving off another at least ten that are merely really good or that I haven't heard enough of.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates