« Home | Book, cover, kettle, pot, black, etc, etc... » | Canada represent » | Yes » | Transparent, precise, muscular prose » | Free music » | Thoughts on Silent Alarm and others » | Top notch » | Oops (I'm the only one who cares, anyway) » | Please, ignore context (on multiple fronts) » | Placemark » 

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 

Private spaces

I think I might agree with Andrew Sullivan. To some degree, anyway; when I take a long trip I always whip out the headphones, but that's once I'm ensconsed on the plane/bus. It's just too much hassle to get things rigged up every time I'm walking somewhere for ten minutes.

I am glad Sullivan notes in passing some of the good things about this sort of phenomenon (and glad he extends his point to more than just the iPod), and think ultimately the answer is in balance. Of course. I always say that, don't I?



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates