« Home | Transparent, precise, muscular prose » | Free music » | Thoughts on Silent Alarm and others » | Top notch » | Oops (I'm the only one who cares, anyway) » | Please, ignore context (on multiple fronts) » | Placemark » | Irregular Google check dept. » | Too weird to live, and too rare to die. » | I'm so productive » 

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 

Yes

The Onion's AV club, or more specifically Tasha Robinson, gets it. Great picture caption, too. I refuse to watch that fucking movie.

I'm glad I never read the books you gave me. I found the flick entertaining. It actually held my attention all the way through, and was suprisingly subtle in places.

I agree with the review though. Reeves is really miscast here. You needed someone closer to Bruce Willis in demeanour, but in their late 30s.

Though I saw a preview of A Scanner Darkly. Looked neat. They've perfected the tech from Waking Life and seem to wield it well.

Oh, I'm still looking forward to A Scanner Darkly, and think Keanu will be great. My comment on the movie is this: If they just hadn't pretended it was the same thing as Hellblazer, I probably would have liked it. But I've already experience the story and so, as Robinson says, I have to wonder why they didn't, you know, actually adapt it.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates