« Home | "But we're happy. Aren't we?" » | You can't think with spinal fluid » | At long last » | Fame Audit » | Fashion SWAT » | Cautiously optimistic » | The Floating World: Slow Riot For New Zero Kanada » | Housecleaning » | Some photos don't get seen » | Shame, shame » 

Sunday, March 27, 2005 

Barnaby, hardly working

About the only nice thing about spending all day writing a philosophy thesis is that you get to listen to tons of music; I've been going through ripped/downloaded albums and deciding which to try to buy, which to keep a few from, etc. I got a few Ramones tracks from my brother, and I've gotta say, the discovery that they invented indie jangle pop circa 1978 on Road To Ruin with "Don't Come Close", "Questioningly" and their cover of "Needles And Pins" was a bit of a shock (but a pleasant one). Just another way they were pioneers, I guess.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates