« Home | In other "going to Hell" news » | Up Shit Creek w/out paddle » | Last one for the night » | Personal reference » | Expect delays » | Long sigh of relief » | Free as in beer » | Just a note » | So, yeah » | Clouds of fuzz » 

Thursday, March 31, 2005 

Hypocrisy writ large

Given his record, hearing Bush say "The essence of civilisation is that the strong have a duty to protect the weak" makes me feel literally sick to my stomach. I agree with the sentiment, of course, but it'd be nice if he applied it in a general case (say, Social Security) rather than one inappropriate specific case.

Oh yes, and Terri Schiavo's body stopped working today. I'd say rest in peace, but the person she was has been dead for a decade and a half. I'm just glad the rest of her finally got some dignity.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates