« Home | Back and forth » | Wha? » | Summation » | Sticky » | Charts... of DEATH! » | The Ultimate Nullifier » | Being sucked in again » | Isms » | Fallacy city » | Demon days » 

Friday, June 03, 2005 

You know I'm a sucker for these things

From Scalzi:

Total volume of music files on your computer: Right this instant I've got 4,854 MP3s on here, totalling 352 hours and 42 seconds. That's a little over two weeks of continuous play. They're all scattered in different directories, though, and if you think I'm going to track down how many gigs I have you're insane. Everything on my computer only takes up 31.4 gigs, though.

The title and artist of the last CD you bought: The soundtrack to Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels, although I'm hoping to buy some Dirty Three and Hood albums tomorrow if they're in stock. Say what you will about the movie, but it's got a great soundtrack.

Song playing at the moment of writing: "The Block Alone" by Readymade. I loaded all thoose MP3s into Winamp and hit "random", so this is quasi-coincidence, not more boosterism for one of my favourite bands. Whoops, now we're on "G Turns To D" by Sloan - two Canadian bands in a row. Cool.

Five songs you have been listening to of late:

Hood - "The Negatives" (thanks, Rollie!)
Ben Folds - "Bitches Ain't Shit" (Rollie again, actually)
Minotaur Shock - "Motoring Britain"
Plumtree - "Racing Gloves"
Gorillaz - "Feel Good Inc."



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates