« Home | Fallacy city » | Demon days » | Finally » | The elements » | Head banging (against a wall) » | Strong words » | At long fucking last » | No alarms and no surprises » | You're going to beat what up? » | Just the facts, ma'am » 

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 

Isms

Aside from archiving reference to my own work there I don't tend to link to Stylus too often because (a) it would feel a bit like egotism, weirdly enough and (b) it's linked on the side and you should all be reading it anyway. But if you don't, take some time out of your busy day to read Ned Raggett's (of Freaky Trigger fame) excellent essay on rockism. If nothing else, you'll get a better idea of what I'm on about.

I should also note that Ned's piece is part of a series of essays we started a while back, and the quality there has been uniformly excellent. I take part (on a different topic, it changes every month) in August, so look forward to/avoid that, depending on your preference.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates