« Home | Hijinks » | "Hello, little fuck" » | Geek out! » | Multiple exposures » | Whaling sections and all » | Sean Connery (and ants) » | On a lighter note » | Is gud dog? » | Haul » | Incidentially, fuck Nickelback » 

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 

Glee

Today I got the copy I bought of Thieves' "Unworthy" CDS in the mail - I ordered it after Todd Burns included a proper link to where you can buy it on my Stycast. It's got two versions of "Unworthy", the edit I'm used to and a longer version with additions that I can't notice yet. It's just the same gorgeous thing for long. It also has b-sides "The Night" and "They Hide", the former of which is kind of undistinguished on first listen, but "They Hide" is pretty awesome.

I don't buy singles very often (and this is a promo copy, to boot), in fact this might be my third single purchase after Orbital's "Are We Here?" and Johnny Cash's "Hurt". But when they're good, they're perfect - it's so much easier to have four great songs than 10.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates