« Home | Hip, hip, hip! » | Point me to the sky above » | Suck it, world » | Godless » | I'm Batman » | Update » | We at war » | Memo to science fiction fans » | On first listen » | Curiosity: Satisfied! » 

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 

Very simple

Sure, it's just the newspost for a webcomic (a webcomic you should be reading, I'll add), but Jeph Jacques has the most pithy and accurate summation of psychiatric medicine up today. The really good bit:

While I don't believe that medication is always the right treatment for everybody (therapy is definitely a better long-term solution assuming you can find/afford a good therapist), I would like to express my solidarity with all you other folks out there who are on tha pillz. If they're helping, stay on them. If they're fucking you up worse, get off them and seek different treatment. If you're considering medication or it's been recommended to you by a professional, it's a good idea to do some research before you make your decision. Above all, keep in mind there ain't no shame in trying to stay sane.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates