« Home | The inevitable and useless "I'm sorry for your loss" » | Busy busy busy » | Perversity » | Oops » | A quick turnaround » | Cover me » | Turn my way » | I believe in everything » | Motion blurs » | Count your blessings » 

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 

My lips are sealed

I've got a Seconds piece on Life Without Buildings' "Juno" up today, complete with the ability to download the song so you can tell for yourself whether I'm full of shit.

I love this song. I didn't hear the album until a couple years after its release, but I have a feeling that if I were to construct a best-of-decade list right now, I would surprise myself at how high Any Other City would wind up.

Myself as well. It may be the last album I ordered sound completely unheard, strictly on the basis of a review, and I've never had cause to regret it.

Definitely a band I need to hear. The chap from Maximo Park (have you heard them yet?) was raving about them in NME recently, and - yes - he made particular mention of the vocals.

Well, there's "Juno", at the very least. If you'd like to hear some more, just email me.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates