« Home | I believe in everything » | Motion blurs » | Count your blessings » | W.A.S.T.E. » | Aww » | Thought for the night » | Slept on » | The dream is sweeter than the taste » | I almost forgot » | The world of magic » 

Friday, November 18, 2005 

Turn my way

On a lighter (as opposed to heavier, not darker) note, New Order's Get Ready may not be their most lauded effort, but it is the one that tends to produce the most singing along in me. As my coworkers could attest. Their best record as a "rock band", whatever that means, as Power Corruption And Lies was their best as post-punks and Republic is their best as electro-pop.

(Substance is quite obviously their best record as New Order)



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates