« Home | There was a time before we were born » | Lest we forget » | Reflection » | Batshit, I tell you » | Mash up » | I speak in smoke signals and you answer in code » | Boundless and glacial » | Preventative, not palliative » | Weird tea » | Perspectivity » 

Sunday, November 13, 2005 

Shopping Bags

So Music In Orbit, my local small record store, is moving to Kitchener. I stopped by the moving sale to show my support one last time, and for $65 Canadian I got:

Gang Of Four - Entertainment! (Yes, the recent remastered/bonus-tracked one - might as well listen to it sooner rather than later. The only new CD I got.)
Lamb - Gorecki
Godflesh - Pure (It was cheap, I do love that Jesu album, and this one has Robert from Loop on it)
Felt - Absolute Classic Masterpieces Volume 2 (Single Tracks) (two disc set)

And on vinyl:

Frankie Goes To Hollywood - "Relax" 12"
Marianne Faithfull - Broken English
OMD - Dazzle Ships
Cocteau Twins - Tiny Dynamine/Echoes In A Shallow Bay Double EP

(If someone out there (Mike Powell?) is a fan of the Cocteaus and would like that Double EP for free, I'd be willing to send it over - I bought it out of curiosity/a preservationist instinct more than anything else, and also because it's a lovely object, and if a fan would get more out of it that's fine with me. Or in other words: Free to a good home)



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates