« Home | That's a bad hat, Harry » | Bad law » | They used to float through like leaves » | (but with Jesus) » | Wha? » | Activity » | "Gail, the key to getting where you want to go is ... » | Listening and reading » | Flaws » | Voot! » 

Monday, December 05, 2005 

Backlog

I have an "unsorted" folder where I put all the songs I download/rip/somehow acquire before I decide to keep them or delete them. Over the past week or two I've actually focused on listening to my "unsorted" playlist when I'm not listening to something else I'm writing about, and I've gotten rid of hundreds of MP3s. I'm now down to around 650.

Clearly, I was letting them pile up for far too long. I've also been trying to sell some CDs, but when I went to the Beat Goes On today I wound up walking out with Public Image Ltd.'s first record, the new Johnny Cash best-of (which is the first one disc collection that at least looks promising) and Hangedup's Kicker in Tow, because it was $8 and I'm a sucker for the viola (not to mention the cello).

Someday I will get ahead of my collections.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates