« Home | Flaws » | Voot! » | We were all in love and we all got hurt » | Exposure » | I feel ill » | Mirrors and duels » | Previews » | Marginalia! » | No names, no details » | Twinkle » 

Friday, December 02, 2005 

Listening and reading

Apropos of picking up my own cute little comment troll, I should probably link to Theon Weber's superb exploration of music and memory - I wouldn't recommend the comments, though, they go downhill fast. Also good today is Matt Sheardown on the Death From Above 1979 remix album, about which we seem to be in near-total agreement.

(although I'm not convinced "Black History Month" is "optmistically nostalgic")

On a more personal note, the fourteenth edition of "A Touching Display" is available for your listening pleasure, unless you don't like crazed one-man-band versions of "Get Rhythm" or something, in which case we probably wouldn't get along well anyways.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates