« Home | One for the quote file » | Lions and witches and wardrobes, oh my » | Small mercies » | Phantasmagoria » | That time again » | Blending » | Double-you tee eff » | That time of the month » | Wu-Tang is for the children » | Are you speaking in tongues? » 

Friday, December 09, 2005 

Dark sided

This is the most purely terrifying thing I've seen in recent memory. My stomach hurts now and I feel a little shakey - I was going to try to write something a little later, but now I'm not sure I can. I can't actually explain why I'm so strongly disturbed by it, but I am. Maybe the way her youngest two children are looking at her. Maybe the way the father looks. Maybe the ending. I'm going to go drink a glass of water, put on Mountains' self-titled debut and lie down for a moment.

(by the way, any of my Christian readers can rest assured that I don't think this woman is representative of your religion)

If it makes you feel any better, I was also disturbed and scared by this video.

definitely one of the craziest things I've ever seen...

-Tyler

I grew up, as you know, going to church every week. My issues with the church have nothing to do with the people I knew there - the vast majority of them were kind, generous, loving people, so I've never really comprehended the depth of fear that a lot of people with similar politics to mine seem to have of the "religious right."

I get it now.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates