« Home | Are you speaking in tongues? » | Partway there » | Work radio dept. » | Funny time of year » | Taste has no system » | She would have to be a philosophy major, wouldn't ... » | Hello cowgirl in the sand » | Well, it was part of my childhood. » | Plus, you know, assault charges » | "My Humps", though? Seriously? » 

Thursday, December 08, 2005 

Wu-Tang is for the children

Mike Powell has an excellent post up over on his blog talking about music and morals; the part I respond to most strongly, though, if where he talks about the way we can't seem to distance ourselves from music the way we do from cinema, literature, and etc.

(I say "we" because, although I'm not exactly Mike, I do recognize myself in what he's written with a not-quite-unfamiliar shock - there's something bigger lurking here about Eternal Recurrance and how one of the attributes of the best writing is coming suddenly upon something that makes you realise the writer has felt something that you thought was real but pricate, only existing for you - but it deserves a bit more attention than I can give it now, stealing keyboard time between calls at work)

MAS, MATHERS, MAS

What does that mean?

"The Bart, The"?

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates