« Home | Wakey wakey » | Psychosomatic » | Bookworm » | Got me so down, I got me a headache » | Priorities » | "Irresponsible" » | Inerrancy » | Old Glory Insurance » | Equipment failure » | Reason #987 why I love the CBC » 

Sunday, January 01, 2006 

70'S MUSIC EXPLOSION!

We (Ben, Lila and I) just spent an hour watching the infomercials for the 70's Music Explosion box set from Time Life. At first we were making fun of it, and of Barry Williams, but soon we realised the sheer volume of tunes on it. "I'm Not In Love"! "It Never Rains In Southern California"! "Le Freak"! "Billy, Don't Be A Hero"! "Let Your Love Flow"! "Rock Me Gently"! "Rhinestone Cowboy"! "Everybody Plays The Fool"! "Rich Girl"! "The Night Chicago Died"!

Yes, we're drunk, but I guarantee I'll remember it as being just as awesome tomorrow. We only barely managed to restrain ourselves from ordering it.

Sober update: Yep, all that music still strikes me as pretty awesome. The box set is massively overpriced, but the selection is mostly faultless. I kind of wish "Easy (Like Sunday Morning)" was there, though.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates