« Home | If you want me I'll be sleeping in » | Checkmate » | Low impact » | Work radio dept. » | Trains of Winnipeg » | Just can't help believing, though believing sees m... » | "Voting that is neither ritualistic nor random" » | They always come in twos » | News flashes » | Don't blame me, I voted Green » 

Thursday, January 26, 2006 

"The case for heroin"

Do you realise it's only been 50 years since they criminalized heroin in Britain?

I find it ridiculous that as repsected as news source as the BBC would write:

"In the context of all that has happened since, from heroin's link with violent crime to the transfer of HIV among users who share needles, as well as countless other social ills, such an article today would seem unthinkable in all but the most libertarian of newspapers."

Do they not realise that all of those things were caused by the prohibition of the drug, and would likely disappear if it were legalized? Grrr.

I guess this stance makes me one of the "most libertarian" commentators on your blog. Surprise, surprise. :-)

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates