« Home | Don't blame me, I voted Green » | New and improved » | I am bright and young and gifted in my autobiography » | "Some days I'm not necessarily proud of myself" » | Roffles » | Wicked » | Aww » | Don't panic » | Feel good hits of January 18 2006 » | So tired » 

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 

News flashes

"The support [the Conservatives] gained is not support for radical change."

"Results suggest a rift between urban, rural voters."

I think my reaction is roughly the same as Senator Palpatine's.

I agree.
I am horrified at this turn of events.

Sadly, the image of Palpatine is bandwidth-exceeded, and there is no alt text.

In any event, I think this new Conservative minority government will be fascinating to watch. As I said the other day, they won't be able to "get away with" much of anything, but they will still probably try to execute their platform.

It should be just like having a Conservative majority, but without the secret agenda, and that's A-OK by me.

Oh. Darn.

It's from a comic, and Palpatine says (I'm paraphrasing) "you know, there's more to the Force than the Jedi" and Anakin says "hey, you're the Sith Lord!"

At which point Palpatine looks annoyed and, for two panels, says "uhduhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" in what is clearly mockery.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates