« Home | I'd like to see that » | Counterintuitive? » | Incredibly exciting » | Garnished with tasty files » | Torture and 24 » | Science is a process, not a bunch of facts » | I don't care cause I'm by myself » | Good guys, bad guys and explosions » | Saw... OF THE FUTURE! » | 505 » 

Monday, January 16, 2006 

Realisation

I think I've just stumbled upon one of my prejudices (or rather, a way to articulate that bias), via enjoying the excellent Burdocks album What We Do Is Secret (review on Stylus soon-ish) and Measles Mumps Rubella's great Fantastic Success (not out until February, sadly) and being left cold yet again by a band like Islands (i.e. ex-Unicorns).

I like indie rock, I have no problems with it. It's indie pop (which isn't really pop, mostly) that annoys the shit out of me on a regular basis.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates