« Home | Best possible result » | Pull yourself together » | The hills have eyes » | Blurry » | Why should we look back? » | Chocolate salty balls » | Plus, Walsingham » | I'm not a materialist, but... » | "slow-motion fade-to-black" » | Free, as in beer » 

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 

It's official

Well, today I got my official offer of acceptance into the Master of Philosophy degree here at the University of Guelph, so as soon as I send it back to the Graduate Program Services people I will be on the books as attending school again in the fall. They're even offering me a not-insignificant amount of funding, especially considering since I applied at the last minute I never got to apply for scholarships and bursaries and the like (I definitely will be for next semester/year, whichever is applicable). Working, going to school and probably TAing all at the same time; starting in September, I'm not likely to have a whole lot of free time.

yay! congrats on... uh, being able to occupy even more of your already limited free time for the next few years!

But I get a piece of paper at the end of it! And the chance to get another piece of paper even more years down the road!

All kidding aside, I'm pretty excited.

I like paper! my coworker says I need to get my piece of paper framed and put it on my wall so I look important. meh.

But yes! congrats!

My brother and I wouldn't have bothered, but our parents generously paid for the frame, the day of. Which was nice, and it looks pretty awesome on my bedroom wall.

Our degrees, however, don't list our major - that's another $80. Total Rip off.

what the hell. a degree without a major listed? isn't that the whole... uh... point?

Well, it says I got a Bachelor of Arts. Just not in what.

They used to include the major, but I guess they decided it would be a good way to get more money. The good news is when I have money I'm pretty sure I can go and get a new one for the $80 and it'll have my major on it.

Congratulations!

Oh, and making you pay extra for your proper degree is kind of ridiculous. With that said, I think I would have preferred "Bachelor of Arts" to "Bachelor of Arts, three year general", so perhaps I shouldn't talk. :-P

congrats!

Thanks, all.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates