« Home | Process, not conclusion » | Coquelicot » | We won three pints, too » | Bad news/good news » | Grand theft Coke » | The toys out of space » | A garden bursting into life » | Pure gold » | Evocative » | "Life itself is a quotation" - Borges » 

Thursday, August 17, 2006 

Chagrin

One of the students I work with just pointed out that Alexis Taylor from Hot Chip (whom I am listening to) sounds quite a bit like Ron Sexsmith, someone I am only vaguely familiar with (mostly because what I've heard hasn't exactly set me on fire).

My knee-jerk response was "No he doesn't, because Ron Sexsmith is WIMP MUSIC for WIMPS and Hot Chip is AWESOME."

My actual response was "Huh. You're right."

Hot Chip is pretty awesome. So is Stephen Colbert...I have nothing else to contribute to this equation...

Now if only Hot Chip sounded like Stephen Colbert....


Wait, that would be awful.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates