« Home | Grand theft Coke » | The toys out of space » | A garden bursting into life » | Pure gold » | Evocative » | "Life itself is a quotation" - Borges » | Urbex » | Before I forget » | Extravaganza » | Heart and soul » 

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 

Bad news/good news

So, as those readers who enjoy A Touching Display may have noticed, it's been nearly a month since the last episode. The bad news is, as far as Stylus is concerned is was the last episode; the Stycast has shifted its focus a bit, as you may have noticed, and aside from the Singles Jukebox and the group podcast Todd wanted to stick with the more themed shows, which makes perfect sense to me. ATD never had any real point beyond me just playing songs I like, and while I'd like to think it was entertaining (I've even gotten fan mail, on occasion!) I'm not particularly upset about the Stycast moving away from that. To be clear, I wasn't exactly given the bum's rush here. Check out today's Singles Jukebox Stycast, for example, to hear me repping the least popular song in this week's column. Lonely is the lot of the Snow Patrol fan.

The good news is, I still enjoy doing the damn things, and there will probably be an EXCITING ANNOUCEMENT concerning ATD over at the Funky Funky 7 soonish. So if you're a fan, you might want to keep an eye open.

I obv knew that the Stycast was moving in a different direction but hadn't realized what that meant as far as ATD went. Too bad: I had been preparing to do my own podcast, and considering I was modeling mine after yours, it doesn't seem likely that it'll happen, at least on the site.

FF7 will revolutionize the alt-stylus world! pod(sty?)casts for all!

I am flatter, John; and obviously, if you were still interested in getting something going, we might be able to help you out...

Keep on keepin' on, dude

You, Mr O'Reilly, need to do more of these. I am withdrawl right now.



Also, Christ, did I really put "flatter" and not "flattered" up there?

yes, you did.

been working out? tell me your secrets. I want to be as flat as that chick on sex and the city.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates