« Home | Urbex » | Before I forget » | Extravaganza » | Heart and soul » | Updates » | Happy birthday to me » | Right conduct » | "but I still love the lil' champs!" » | Sizzurp » | One nation under » 

Sunday, August 13, 2006 

"Life itself is a quotation" - Borges

This I find a little interesting:

Go here and look through random quotes until you find 5 that reflect who you are or what you believe.

1. If you want to catch something, running after it isn't always the best way.
Lois McMaster Bujold,

2. Reality is nothing but a collective hunch.
Jack Wagner & Lily Tomlin

3. Everything is vague to a degree you do not realize till you have tried to make it precise.
Bertrand Russell

4. Have you learned the lessons only of those who admired you, and were tender with you, and stood aside for you? Have you not learned great lessons from those who braced themselves against you, and disputed passage with you?
Walt Whitman

5. The great tragedy of Science - the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact.
Thomas Huxley

As for "tagging" people to do this... you're all tagged. If you read me I no doubt read you (and if not, why not? Do I know you have a site?), and I'm interested in reading them all.

(taken from here, but I don't know that guy - I just stumbled on this randomly)



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates