« Home | Chagrin » | Process, not conclusion » | Coquelicot » | We won three pints, too » | Bad news/good news » | Grand theft Coke » | The toys out of space » | A garden bursting into life » | Pure gold » | Evocative » 

Thursday, August 17, 2006 

"I get it. Very dry, Dad. That's good stuff."

Via PopPolitics, we get this fantastic 60 Minutes interview with Stephen Colbert:

He admits he has what Gary Trudeau called the "boring baritone."

"I have a boring baritone; I have boring hair. Every decision that I've made in my life is the middle decision," he tells Safer.

"You sort of disappear," Safer remarked.

"I hope so. I'm a manila envelope," Colbert replied.


I especially love that they keep saying "Colbert joked" after quotations from him; he's obviously being ironic, but it's interesting that characterizing this as "joking" doesn't quite read right, something the PopPolitics post addresses.

It's Bernie from PopPolitics. Thanks for the shoutout -- and for getting what I was getting at.

Thanks! Glad I didn't somehow miss the point. And thanks for posting the interview - I used to watch the Report, and I'd like to if I had more free time, and your analysis of it was quite good, as is the rest of PopPolitics.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates