« Home | Marie came home tattooed / it covers her back » | Everything hits at once » | Nicely chosen » | Encouraging signs » | The winter was nice, but the summer was hell » | Not cleverness » | "the residue of a teleological system that's dead" » | Goregrind » | 655,000 Iraqi deaths » | I'm living in the ice age » 

Sunday, October 15, 2006 

"I was perfect. I have always been perfect."

Had a thought in reference to this, and in reference to one of my favourite villains from any source, that I want to be able to find again in the future instead of being buried in a random LJ post somewhere:

"THIS is the Dr. Doom I love. Written properly, he is Shakespearean; only a miniscule distance from being one of the greatest heroes ever, but that distance is his unyielding pride and unwillingness to be human, to allow doubt, even when that denial will destroy him. His courage, his compassion, his honour - all should be legendary but all have been subsumed by his pride and feeling of complete superiority, both aspects of his personality to towering, so monstrous, that you have to wonder what they're hiding."



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates