« Home | Sadly predictable » | The only kick in life is pumping that steel » | Truckin' » | This is not a joke so please stop smiling » | See what I mean? » | It's sweetness that I'm thinking of » | Genius of love » | Losing my head » | Dreaming of gold and cocaine » | Epic panegyrics » 

Sunday, July 08, 2007 

4642.4 KM later

So we're in North Vancouver now, in Joy's new apartment, and thanks to one precision raid on the Coquitlam Ikea there is even a bed, shower curtain, etc, etc here now (the couch gets delivered in a few days). I spent the ride back from Ikea with my head out the window like a puppy, listening to some DJ mix on the radio. We're pretty worn out, but happy to be here. The apartment is across the street from a park and if you look the other way you can see the ocean. The mountains are somewhere in the background. I keep forgetting that I'm not in Ontario (my default state, or rather province) let alone that I'm three hours behind nearly everyone I know. I just checked my bank balance for the first time since I left and discovered a paycheck and a GST rebate I hadn't expected (I thought the paycheck was next week). Today has been a ridiculously good day, from the almost Zen driving through the Rockies this morning to right now.

The 3 hour thing doesn't go away. I've been dealing with it for 7 years.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates