« Home | Process-like versus product-like » | Oh Ontario oh Jennifer Jason Leigh » | My mind's gone loose inside its shell » | Psilocybe » | Nearsighted » | Neener neener » | The unmagnificent lives of adults » | And name it after a girlfriend » | Al Gore saying "I told you so" » | "trying to make a world fit for you" » 

Thursday, October 18, 2007 

Firsts

So last night, I:

1. Bought new CDs for the first time since being hired at the Beat Goes On; I had a little extra money, so at the big HMV in Toronto I picked up From Here We Go Sublime by the Field and Year of No Light's fantastic Nord, both things I think we won't get in.
2. Had chorizo for the first time - it's just as delicious as I'd been told.
3. At the same time, tried mole sauce for the first time. The chocolate was interesting, although I think it's something I'd only want to have occasionally.
4. Tried Mill St.'s Tankhouse Ale, which was pretty excellent (and a fine post-prandial accompaniment to Mexican food).
5. Enjoyed the company of Ben and his lovely girlfriend Jenni (and their equally lovely and curling-loving friend Nay); well worth the Greyhound there and back (although I should really remember how much my stomach hates the bus when I've had a few pints - I was fine, but it was touch and go for a minute there). It was great to finally meet another correspondance, and as Ben notes elsewhere we were able to do our part for Anglo-Canadian relations most just by having a few rounds and talking - about Los Campesinos, proper football, curling, grad studies, and etc etc. I wish they'd had the chance to come to Guelph and sample some of our locals, but if that's your biggest complaint about the evening...

re 2 and 3: lol canada

Hey, at least we have back* bacon.



*(AKA peameal or 'Canadian' bacon)

mmmmmmmmmmm chorizo...

I had some chorizo eggs and beans just the other day. Mexican breakfast rocks my face off.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates