« Home | Too scared to steal, too lazy to work » | And the shame of it, that we can't forget » | The cold echo chamber » | And we all went down in a little row boat » | Oral » | Take off your t-shirt » | It's an honour just to be nominated » | Tuesday's gray » | I would like a place I could call my own » | Anywhere feels like home » 

Monday, March 09, 2009 

Coat pocket full of pills

I have been lucky enough to be healthy for pretty much my entire life; barring a childhood tonsillectomy I've never had an operation, I've never broken a bone, I rarely get colds, etc. After staying put for at least a decade now, however, one of my wisdom teeth has decided to come out and play.

Thanks to the vagaries of Canadian health (not dental!) care and my job situation, I can't get it looked at until the 17th. Until then, I've been carrying around and taking as directed both antibiotics (which have helped immeasurably) and painkillers. I don't think I've taken antibiotics since I was a small child with an ear infection, and I don't usually take painkillers (they're more effective if you use them sparingly), so the nice thing is that they're kicking the crap out of my sore tooth. The not so nice thing is they're kicking the crap out of me too. I have a permanent knot in my throat and haven't wanted to do much but lay on the couch watching Battlestar Galactica the last five days.

Poor you, sorry you're hurting, but only a week to go.

I had my wisdom teeth out in eighth grade, four of them, yikes, chipmunk face for days.

Thanks! I'm hoping to avoid the chipmunk face but hey, if not, at least I don't have to go anywhere and can hide out in my apartment.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates