« Home | Won't change how I feel today » | Shelf space » | Adoration » | Like someday you'll find out » | The Atrocity Exhibition » | "You're soft and weak, Ted. Like a geisha." » | Before the hammer comes down » | Glory » | Seemed better than shooting myself » | Babylon correction » 

Tuesday, May 05, 2009 

Fully armed and operational

'Cause this music can put a human being in a trance like state and deprive it of the sneaking feeling of existing. 'Cause music is bigger than words and wider than pictures. If someone said that Mogwai are the stars I would not object. If the stars had a sound it would sound like this.

They played "Cody" (finally!). They played the best live "Mogwai Fear Satan" I've heard yet. They encored with a perfect "My Father My King."

Mogwai are my favourite guitar band.*



*(not the same thing as my favourite band that uses guitars, mind you)



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates