« Home | You wanna know why I'm not in grad school right now? » | Take it too far » | The Manhatten valleys of the dead » | The land of pleasant living » | Some good advice » | Omnibus » | Tremendous destruction » | Quiet and aggressive » | Don't misunderstand me » | Remember when I had time to actually write posts? » 

Monday, May 17, 2010 

Weirdly admirable

I haven't heard a ton of Amanda Palmer's music, but I've read chunks of her blog and I like her, especially after this post. Perversely enough, it makes me want to be either a touring musician or just someone who works on the equivalent of Team Chaos. I don't know if I can articulate what's oddly appealing about what she talks about, but maybe (given the disasterous state of my personal inbox) it's just having your email be part of your job, instead of something you have to deal with outside of it.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates