« Home | Total romance forever is boring » | Because I have been sleeping badly lately » | "They’re all pretty literal these days." » | And it's okay » | Even more delayed than normal » | Whatever happened, happened » | Drink your souvenirs and go your way » | "Some dreams are bad dreams" » | Weirdly admirable » | You wanna know why I'm not in grad school right now? » 

Sunday, June 20, 2010 

You can get rid of the blues this way

Walking across about 900 numbers worth of College Street in Toronto on a gorgeously warm and sunny Friday night on my way to a bar to meet up with friends, very few records make me feel as good about myself and my place in the world as Joe Strummer and the Merceleros' Global a Go-Go.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates