« Home | How could they leave us so soon? » | I don't like booking time off for St. Patrick's Da... » | And I closed my eyes like Marvin Gaye » | Conference (and other) notes » | Show your work » | "You can't look on that as a lost sale." » | I went insane » | The people in the know are just people in the know » | Most days you're lazy » | Your speech is so free of life » 

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 

Recent work

I am, in fact, participating in Nick Southall's wonderful Music Diary project this week, and I even plan to post my listening notes on this here blog. However, work is EXTREMELY busy this week, so I don't have time to do much more than keep track of what's going in my earholes for now. On the weekend or during next week I'll be posting stuff.

For now, I've at least got some recent fruits of my labours over at PopMatters for you; record reviews of the solid new album by the Kills and the really wonderful, long-awaited (by me) return from Rival Schools (you need to listen to this record). But I'm most proud of my contribution to the month-plus-long spotlight on Joss Whedon, a rather significant introduction to the ridiculously underrated Dollhouse. I've recently rewatched the first season with a friend, and it holds up very well indeed; I can't wait to get to the second season.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates