« Home | Wednesday's Emotional Setup: Mahgeetah » | Wahzoo » | I fucked up dept. » | ahahahahahahahahahahahaha » | Not meant to know » | Obligatory quiz department » | Ahem » | Hello Kitty » | Bet you can't eat just one » | Unexpected break » 

Friday, October 31, 2003 

No good deed goes unpunished

So Ben and I were just at Harvey's, having a quick meal, and this older gent had some trouble getting his trash in the proper receptacle - he dropped his coffee cup. Since I was sitting right there I picked it up for him and put it in the trash.

He then proceeded to address us for at least ten minutes about the evils of smoking, drinking, eating bad foods (like pizza; pizza is bad) and the like. He wasn't angry with us or anything. He was trying to help us. My favourite line: "And don't ever eat in restaurants. You'll never see me eat in restaurants."

We were, of course, in a restaurant.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates