« Home | Don't forget to visit AllInsect » | Back to school (or some other Deftones song) » | What have I done to deserve this? » | A few observations upon returning to school » | I need to see you alone » | It's a big one » | I admit it » | First impressions » | Last one, I promise » | Weak sauce! » 

Wednesday, September 15, 2004 

Home at dawn

I have got to stop staying up and listening to music. I've reverted to my activity patterns from second year, fer chrissakes. Still, can anyone explain why this (from Superchunk's old b-side "Home At Dawn") has always made me a bit weepy? I know why it's worse right now, I'm just curious about why it happens in the first place.

I tried to grab a bunch
But there was only one
I tried to crawl away
But gravity made me run
I tried to resist, I tried to resist
You held me by the arm
I tried to make a list
But there was only one



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates