« Home | First impressions » | Last one, I promise » | Weak sauce! » | I take it back » | Late night listening » | Obligatory quiz » | Number game » | Thank goodness » | Pop tidbit » | Dadasaurus Rex » 

Saturday, September 11, 2004 

I admit it

When I first heard Superpitcher's "Happiness", due to an old post of Todd's that I now can't find, I thought it was boring. Now, a few listens later, I have come to the conclusion that he is 100% right about it, and I am 100% wrong. Interestingly the strings remind me a bit of Scannerfunk's underrated Wave Of Light By Wave Of Light, and the whole vibe reminds me (for whatever reason) of Broken Social Scene's "Lover's Spit", still the only really worthwhile track on You Forgot It In People aside from "Anthems For A Seventeen Year Old Girl".

Oh, and while I'm being honest, no matter how much some section of my brain tells me I hate Snow Patrol's "Run", I still love it.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates