« Home | Weak sauce! » | I take it back » | Late night listening » | Obligatory quiz » | Number game » | Thank goodness » | Pop tidbit » | Dadasaurus Rex » | Words we'll never take back » | Two things » 

Friday, September 10, 2004 

Last one, I promise

Maybe I really should call it the saddest Hefner song ever, circa this minute, but we have a winner: "Another Better Friend".

It’s not love it just smells like it
The scent of summer is so exciting
No matter how you brush your teeth
I can still smell the nicotine
And there’s no face I’d rather kiss than
Your sweet face, oh when it’s smiling
I loved you until you were bedded
And our parents still talk of a wedding

Those bruises don’t betray any violence on my part
You’ve taken my possessions, we’re both dressed up like tarts
But it’s miserable and sluttish to be acting like I do in front of you
No matter how you try you’ll never be as cheap as me
When people have got no one else they can always sleep with me
And no one else could be a better friend to you than me


It positively reeks of despair, among other things.

Sorry for the repeated posts, but I've loved Henfer since I was eighteen, and for whatever reason I've listened to their entire back catalog last night and this afternoon. It's worth checking out, especially if you like sad song (obviously).



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates