« Home | Belgium » | Friday Random 10 » | Oh, this is perfect » | I am your pamphleteer » | "A thinly veiled form of privatized censorship" » | Magnificent in his anger » | Good ol' gossip » | Elusive » | This is the switch » | Sour grapes » 

Tuesday, May 24, 2005 

"It ain't NASA-sarily so"

Tom over at Freaky Trigger has really been on a roll recently; his most recent piece of excellent writing is this post on, to paraphrase the comments "the invention of badness".

My own example is an old episode of the Ghostbusters cartoon (which gives this post it's title) where they went up to a satellite and found there this huge, monstrous shapeshifting ghost, kind of a spectral version of Tetsuo from the end of Akira. I am quite sure I am over-remembering how creepy it was, but I'm equally sure I'm not going to watch the episode again.

I also have overly spooky memory of The Prisoner, but in a good way.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates