« Home | Monday morning » | "They're both nuts" » | Update » | Classix 10k Modern » | I haven't read enough » | I like "The Resume Shocker" » | The Floating World: My Favourite Chords » | Top fives » | Follow up » | Badass » 

Monday, May 16, 2005 

Mystery piano man

This story is just fascinating (click through to read the BBC story too, for the pictures if nothing else). It really does sound film-like; traumatized, soaking wet man in a suit with all the labels removed is found by police, taken to a mental hospital where he remains mute but plays the piano and composes music.

I know the first priority is the man's health, but one kind of wishes they'd had recording gear set up when he sat down at the piano.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates