« Home | The right man at the right time » | Evil is not patient » | Saturday night » | The physics of dating » | Singles going steadily » | For reference » | That was sudden » | Sentimental musings » | I am a horrible person » | Waste of money? » 

Sunday, August 14, 2005 

I need a camera

So walking back home from the Bookshelf tonight after seeing The March Of The Penguins (highly recommended; they're such absurdly noble looking creatures, but the film really gives you an idea of what their lives are like), the sky above the Church of Our Lady was absolutely gorgeous. Blue and yellow with the weirdest washed-out, blurred look - as if the sky was actually a picture of the real sky when it was moving too fast for the camera to focus. I wish I had a huge poster of my view walking up MacDonell Street to hang on my wall or something.

Of course, the title of this post ignores two things: Who knows if the type of camera I'd have would be able to capture it properly, and even if I did own one, how likely is it that I would have had it with me?

No, what I really need is a head camera. Someone hurry up and invent one.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates