« Home | Incredibly creepy » | I'm all swoony » | "Netiquette" is such a silly neologism » | Whoopsie » | Double feature » | Why I'm not an atheist » | Thrilling adventure theatre » | We're only human » | Huh? » | What do you mean there are rules? » 

Friday, November 04, 2005 

Arrrgh

So here I am, scrabbling away at a dual review (my first) of the not-bad-but-not-great album by the Boats and the pretty special Flares by Italian post-somethingorothers Port-Royal. It's way too late, but I'm close to being done, so I hit "Save" again. It does, and I go to check something else - and my Mac freezes. I leave it for ten minutes, conscious of how crappy I'm already going to feel tomorrow morning, and it's still frozen. I can't even force quit.

So I turn my computer off, and then back on again. And the review? GONE. As if I'd never started it.

I am going to sleep now.

That happened to me with a paper once. I swear, the worst feeling in the world. I feel your pain.

Honestly, better a review than a paper - I'm not going to lose any marks, and I can still get it done for Monday when Stylus will be updating again. A paper, though? That's harsh.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates