« Home | My lips are sealed » | The inevitable and useless "I'm sorry for your loss" » | Busy busy busy » | Perversity » | Oops » | A quick turnaround » | Cover me » | Turn my way » | I believe in everything » | Motion blurs » 

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 

International

My contributions to it are about the last reason why you should read the group roundup of the Ukrainian Top Ten over at Umlauts, but you should read it. Especially for the MP3 at the end, which gives you an idea of what foreign pop music sounds like.

Come now, Ian, you're practically close to consensus on a lot of these and you're name-dropping like a seasoned vet (and you're not the only one who thought "Podarok" sounded like "Kapli Absenta", a song which I would love more people to hear).

"Kapli Absenta" is such a great tune. My comments always read as a bit off to me, but that could just be a personal thing; regardless, as long as you except them, I'll keep doing them.

Annoyingly, in a year where UK and US chart pop has been mediocre, there's been very little Europop that has made a charge for my end of year list, either. That and Dimension X (both of which are near enough the same) probably head that particular sub-list.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates