« Home | Marginalia! » | No names, no details » | Twinkle » | You don't realise how much you've missed it until ... » | Put down like a dog » | Nautical disaster » | Dr. David Thorpe vs. Hipsters » | Anti-anti-utopianism » | Slight return » | W.T.F. Dept. » 

Monday, November 28, 2005 

Previews

The "fall finale" of Prison Break was brutal, but mostly just because I'd been told it was two hours. It was, I suppose - they re-ran last week's episode at 8. It ends on a couple of excruciating cliffhangers, and I thought they were going to be resolved, worse luck.

On the ads I saw a preview for Aeon Flux (which I had thought was pronounced "A-on", not "E-on", as "Mae" sounds like "may", not "me"). It looks like complete nonsense, just like the original show, but gorgeously shot nonsense. If they privilege form over content enough, I just may be interested in seeing that one.

(They also showed a preview for the new King Kong, but that only suggests that Peter Jackson continues to privilege form over content in a different, totally unappealing way - I'd love to be proved wrong, but I don't think I'm willing to drop $10 to do so)



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates