« Home | International » | My lips are sealed » | The inevitable and useless "I'm sorry for your loss" » | Busy busy busy » | Perversity » | Oops » | A quick turnaround » | Cover me » | Turn my way » | I believe in everything » 

Thursday, November 24, 2005 

Scatterbrain

This makes so much sense, and not just because it puts a slightly complimentary spin on my customary inability to remember stuff. From the article:

A study in the Nature journal says that being able to remember objects is more to do with focusing on relevant facts than having a large memory capacity. The researchers say that this ability to focus leaves more brain space to memorise pertinent information.

There are times, when four people are trying to tell me things at once and my brain is trying to focus on all four at once, when I could swear I can feel myself forgetting things. At least I'll have some sort of idea what to do next time this happens.

It also explains why I can remember so much trivia, despite being forgetful.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates