« Home | Bad taste » | Game on? » | Punchline! » | Welcome to the working week » | Extremely odd » | Ingenious » | Time for another one » | Welcome to the suck » | Arrrgh » | Incredibly creepy » 

Monday, November 07, 2005 

Tradeoffs

I haven't seen Canada's Worst Driver yet, and doubt I will, but it's nice to know Canadian reality TV shows are nicer, if a bit boring. How Canadian is that?

This does coincide with an unfortunate viewing of that "very special" home makeover show Anna made Ben watch last night after The Simpsons that, while it was doing a very good thing (giving a mother and her seven adopted, disabled kids a new, functional house, with no mortgage), did it in such a way that I had trouble watching it. So first we had reality TV, then we got really disturbing reality TV (I will never watch The Swan), and now we're on to Phase 3: schmaltzy reality TV.

I'm expecting/dreading snuff reality TV next, once the pendulum swings again.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates