« Home | Ingenious » | Time for another one » | Welcome to the suck » | Arrrgh » | Incredibly creepy » | I'm all swoony » | "Netiquette" is such a silly neologism » | Whoopsie » | Double feature » | Why I'm not an atheist » 

Sunday, November 06, 2005 

Extremely odd

So Ben was flipping around TV and found one of the Stewart Little movies, wherein the kindly father is played by... Hugh Laurie.

I kept expecting him to be cruel and sarcastic, but he was just... nice. I mean, I know he's an actor and I know he's not who he plays, but seeing House being non-jerky was very jarring and amusing.

Have you seen him with Stephen Fry in the old BBC series based on P.G. Wodehouse's Jeeves and Wooster books? He plays an absolutely airheaded jazz-age British lord who is totally manipulated by his clever servant.

He played Bertie Wooster?

My mind, she is blown. I tend to think of Laurie as uber-competant and snarky now.

(Also, is that series any good?)

It's excellent! Really funny, excellent actors in all leading and supporting roles. But yeah, Hugh Laurie is Bertie Wooster, complete with Drones Club and magisterial old aunts. You won't believe he's the same person as House.

I'm having trouble believing it already.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates