« Home | Arrrgh » | Incredibly creepy » | I'm all swoony » | "Netiquette" is such a silly neologism » | Whoopsie » | Double feature » | Why I'm not an atheist » | Thrilling adventure theatre » | We're only human » | Huh? » 

Friday, November 04, 2005 

Welcome to the suck

Well, that's two unfavourable reviews for the movie version of Jarhead I've read now. Which wouldn't worry me as much as it does except that both reviewers acknowledge the greatness of the book Jarhead, which is every bit as good and as gripping as they'd like you to think. I do love the trailer, but I'm wondering whether dropping $10 at the Galaxy is going to be worth it.

yeah, I hear you. great trailer, but from the reviews it seems to be a less-than-great film...

I'm still kind of tempted to see it, though. I'm torn!

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates